Thursday, June 19, 2014

Enough of Winter

It's hard to remember winter, now that summer has hit RI. But I was almost afraid to admit that I was in sunny Florida in February, since it was such a tough winter here.

I had a great time with my husband and mom, visiting relatives and friends, watching the sun set over the Gulf, strolling through parks and botanical gardens in 77 degree weather. Now I'm enjoying the 77 degree weather here at home!

Here are a few pictures from the trip.
leaving Mom's in PA... yuck!
We met a pet turtle on the beach... Louie, I think
We saw orchids at Marie Selby Botanical gardens


...and bamboo




... and koi

I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, and couldn't have been happier to find this great retro ice-cream shop in Bradenton.


1 comment:

  1. Winter does seem like ages ago! Ummm, strawberry Milkshalke!

    ReplyDelete